Photo by Suhyeon Choi
All my life I’ve had to deal with having extremely thick hair. So, in honour of those other girls (and even potensh some boys) dealing with hair weighing down their necks, this one’s for you.
10 THINGS ONLY PEOPLE WITH THICK HAIR WILL UNDERSTAND.
1. Hair ties are either too small to go around the ponytail twice, or too large that you do 3 loops and then it is just not possible to do another loop. Sigh, the struggle is so real.
2. You’ve broken more hair ties than you own; resulting in a weird, half mangled collection of semi decent hair ties.
3. After you shower, there’s enough hair tangled in the drain to make a whole new ponytail. Real naaaice.
4. When you take your hair out after having it in a high ponytail all day, your head literally hurts.
5. If you wear your hair in plaits, your friends will hold your plaits as reins whilst shouting ‘GO PONY GO!’
6. If you go on a rollercoaster, you should probably give a warning to your friend next to you as he will always end up with a mouthful of your hair, and it might even get stuck in his braces. Mmmm.
7. After trying to braid your hair, you give up after 5 minutes because your arms feel like you’ve lifted 50kg dumbbells they’re that sore
8. Some days, you’re just going to have to accept the fact that your hair looks bushier than Hermione after Potions class. It hurts, but you just have to move on.
9. You go through shampoo and conditioner extraordinarily quickly, and constantly have to explain to your mum ‘no, I’m not drowning in shampoo in the shower, I just have a lot of hair/no mum, I’m not using conditioner as body wash’
10. If you even attempt to thin it out, once it has been cut, your hair will grow out and get bigger like Aunt Marge in HP3 when she blew up.